Sports injuries occur during exercises, or while participating in any sport which involves the musculo-skeltal system. You are at risk for sports injuries if you have not been regularly active and you don’t warm up properly before exercises or play contact sports.
Sports injuries are commonly caused by over use or direct impact.
Sports injuries can be
Common types of Sports Injuries
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle strains
- Knee injuries
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Rotator cuff injury
- ACL, PCL injuries
- Ankle injury
- Golfer’s elbow
- Groin Injuries
- Hamstring injuries
- Head injury
- Shin splint
- Tendon injuries
- Workout injuries
First line of treatment for ligament sprains, muscle strain and joint injuries
- Rest: keep injured area supported and avoid using for 48-72 Hours.
- Ice: Ice to the injured area every after 2 hours.
- Compression: Apply firm elastic bandage over injury area.
- Elevation: Raise the injured area above the level of heart at all times.
- Referral: To doctor or physio as soon as possible.
- No heat: heat will increase the pain.
- No Running
- No Massage
Sports injury Rehabilitation.
- Sports injury rehab is a therapeutic approach that helps athletes effectively treat pain and achieve optimal performance.
- Targeted exercise help you to return to pre-injury state.
- Achieving peak athletic performance.
- Preparation to avoid recurring injury episodes.
- Reduced succeptibility to further sports related injuries.
- Personalized exercises prescription to improve mobility.
How sports Rehab Works?
- Sports injury Rehab is a multi disciplinary approach for prevention, evaluation and treatment of injuries.
- The first step towards recovery is getting and accurate diagnosis. Initial stage of treatment involves pain reduction and promote healing.
Once Pain & swelling is reduced
Exercises will be prescribed according to sports injury to target specific goals such as mobility, flexibility training coordination of balance and joint positioning.
As progress is made, athlete and physiotherapist can work together towards re-establishing strength.
Specifics type of exercises protocol is made for every athlete according to the sports they play.